"could not find Wine tools in yes"

Questions about Wine on Linux
kromak
Level 2
Level 2

"could not find Wine tools in yes"

Post by kromak »

Hello. I am currently trying to build wine and I am facing his error message while doing so:
checking for the directory containing the Wine tools... configure: error: could not find Wine tools in yes
configure.log doesn't say anything more than the screen's error message.

my configure command:

Code: Select all

CPPFLAGS=-m32 CFLAGS=-m32 LDFLAGS=-m32 ./configure --prefix=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Wine-1.2.1 --host=i386-linux-gnu --with-wine-tools
Other information that might be useful:
I am adding 32bit as necessary to build Wine. I have a Glibc that I built and installed outside system default dirs. Them after running the configure script several times and reading the respective error messages, I got the above configure command and created a folder /usr/lib32, and symbolic links in there to: libc.so, libc.a, crt1.o, crti.o, crtn.o.
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Re: "could not find Wine tools in yes"

Post by invisible kid »

./configure --help | grep tools
  --with-wine-tools=DIR   use Wine tools from directory DIR
It looks like it is looking for you to supply a directory with that option. Since you didn't it looks like it is looking for it somewhere else and coming up with "yes". You either need to supply a directory or remove the option completely.
kromak
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kromak »

Ok I tried:

CPPFLAGS=-m32 CFLAGS=-m32 LDFLAGS=-m32 ./configure --prefix=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Wine-1.2.1 --host=i386-linux-gnu --with-wine-tools=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/wine-1.2.1/tools/
and it didn't work. The error message it is:

error: could not find Wine tools in /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/wine-1.2.1/tools/
SetantaLP
Level 3
Level 3

Post by SetantaLP »

If I see that correctly --with-wine-tools is an optional argument for building wine, so if you don't want to use specific tools you can simply remove that argument from the command line.