HELP --Error 35753: Protocol not supported --sorry total noob

Questions about Wine on Linux
winzer

HELP --Error 35753: Protocol not supported --sorry total noob

Post by winzer »

Hi,
PLS HELP, i have a feeling this is a minor issue.
I was able to successfully install my windows program, using winetricks
(winetricks required me to setup a 32bit wine prefix + install vb6run, did so successfully, and installed my s/w in to the same 32bit prefix)

Windows Program: "Neuroshell Trader 7.0"
on Wine 5.0.3 (ubuntu 5.0.3-3)
on Ubuntu 21.04.

The software has a security check so that it can only run on 1 machine. It is supposed to reach out to some server and register itself to the "current" machine and once that is done it begins functioning. And can only run on another machine after "de-activating" itself from the "current" machine.

The s/w installed, then successfully "registered" itself while running on Wine ( i know because it acknowledged and I cant run on another windows machine which says license must be "de-activated" before running) and went to the next step where it crashes producing the following msg-

Code: Select all

An unexpected error has occurred in this application: 

NSTrader [MainLoad1]
	  Error 35753: Protocol not supported for this method
          Version: 7.0.79

My googling yielded a solution from a single site (https://flexcodesdk.com/project/faq)
Why after Windows update get an Error message "Run time error 35753: protocol not supported for this method" , on web application ?

Please make sure your Windows system (SysWOW64 or System32) available Device.ini file. And then please registration new Finger to fix that problem.

Not sure exactly what that means and how to do it, also it is for another windows program. PLS HELP.