Linux Help - SparkyLinux

Questions about Wine on Linux
george89

Linux Help - SparkyLinux

Post by george89 »

When I run the latest WINE (6.0.1) on SparkyLinux kernel 4.19.0-12-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.152-1 (2020-10-18) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have read the FAQ and searched the forum for a similar bug/fix thread. Here is my issue:

Everything installs and runs fine but in game I a have installed, after running, there is a constant input UP making it unplayable and very difficult to even log in with my credentials. The cursor continuously moves in the up direction and I cannot stop it. I have searched the forum for the game's website and found two threads that appear have the same issue of the constant up input in the menu. However, these users are not running WINE or Linux but are running Windows natively. I do not know how to implement these solutions using WINE. Additionally, when I run winecfg I receive this error message:

Code: Select all

00a0:fixme:plugplay:build_report_descriptor Clamping joystick to 6 axis
and I wonder if the issue is related.

Thanks for the help!

George
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Linux Help - SparkyLinux

Post by Bob Wya »

@george89

The current Wine release is actually version 6.10. See: WineHQ Wiki: Debian.
Wine Stable 6.0.1 is intended for running Windows application(s), that already works well with Wine, and is therefore for users who wish to minimise the risk of (future) regressions.

Do you have a game controller or joystick plugged into your system?
If so - does your game work OK, with this peripheral unplugged?

Ta
Bob