Issue with Onenote 2016: "OneNote cannot start because the Desktop Experience feature is not installed"

Questions about Wine on Linux
duke_33

Issue with Onenote 2016: "OneNote cannot start because the Desktop Experience feature is not installed"

Post by duke_33 »

Hi guys, First time posting here, I'm new to Linux and to wine of course. I'm really keen on making OneNote work. I've already read the AppDB. regarding OneNote, could not find anything that helps me. I've installed word and excel using wine, and both seem to work fine, but I'm not interested in them, it is just for reference. Power point seems to have some issues (don't need it), and OneNote gives me that error described in the tittle about Desktop Experience.

I'm on wine-5.0, Linux Mint 20.1.

The only thing I've tried so far is changing the riched20 to Native, did not solve the problem.
Any advice or help will be appreciated, thanks!
duke_33

Re: Issue with Onenote 2016: "OneNote cannot start because the Desktop Experience feature is not installed"

Post by duke_33 »

No one here willing to guide me a bit?
qwertymnb
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Issue with Onenote 2016: "OneNote cannot start because the Desktop Experience feature is not installed"

Post by qwertymnb »

I remember i opened a bugreport for it long time ago, + a patch that allowed me to start OneNote.

Don`t know how if it still helps, see https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47135

Maybe you could give it a try
duke_33

Post by duke_33 »

qwertymnb wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:12 am I remember i opened a bugreport for it long time ago, + a patch that allowed me to start OneNote.

Don`t know how if it still helps, see https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47135

Maybe you could give it a try
Thanks for your reply! I've read the report. Could you please guide me on how to apply it? I'm fairly new to Linux and wine and I would not know what to do with the patch you uploaded!