unable to make mark on canvas and sai2 freezes

Questions about Wine on Linux
drawandpaint

unable to make mark on canvas and sai2 freezes

Post by drawandpaint »

Hello

Was running anarchy/mate and hit this problem, so moved to linux mint mate a few days ago, but unfortunately same error. Unable to make a mark on the canvas, and sai2 freezes. Same setup of wine-staging and dkms/digimend, with sai2 set to run on windows API, and always add 2 files in 2 folders (10-xppen.hwdb into /etc/udev/hwdb.d, and and xp-pen-dec01.tablet into /usr/share/libwacom), as this has always fixed right-click/colourpick in sai2. It was when adding these two files, before moving to linux mint, that sai2 froze and unable to make a mark on canvas. As with anarchy/mate, on mint the 2nd pen option in sai2 (use wintab api with ver.1 compatible method/pen mode) also results in being able to paint on canvas but no pressure sensitivity or right click.

Tried different kernels (LTS and now kernel 5.8.0-53-generic), with/without digimend, xp-pen driver, and downgrading from wine-staging 6.8 to 6.5 to 6.2, and now fresh install and directly installed wine-staging 6.0. Mint Mate 20.1, Mate 1.24.0, digimend 10-2_all. Ryzen 7 3800X, Radeon RX5700XT, 32 ram.

Xinput list shows 5 entries for UGTABLET, id's19-23 at this point, which I've not seen before.

Tried asking at digimend, and was directed to a thread describing that there had been changes made to align with an issue on chrome OS; something about INPUT_PROP_DIRECT and 2 tablets wrongly recognised as display tablets (one UGTABLET, which mine is, the xp-pen DECO 01v2, and the other Huion H610PRO) ... changes were made, but only the Huion tested, not the UGTABLET. Description overall has been changed to digitizer, yet I can see this was done some time last year, and it's only in the last 2 weeks that I'm experiencing a problem.

Unsure if it's a wine-staging issue, or something else, but would be very grateful to be pointed in the right direction.
missionfailure

Re: unable to make mark on canvas and sai2 freezes

Post by missionfailure »

Check pen tablet setting in PaintToolSai2 under help>options and try switching to wintab API ver 1 with mouse mode.
Do you have dxvk installed in the prefix and is the windows version set to 7.