Error with pytorch torch_cpu.dll

Questions about Wine on Linux
vdemi

Error with pytorch torch_cpu.dll

Post by vdemi »

Hi All,

I am trying to run my program which uses Pytorch CPU .dll (torch_cpu.dll), and it produces the following error:

Code: Select all

wine: Call from 000000007BC2FA98 to unimplemented function KERNEL32.dll.GetMaximumProcessorGroupCount, aborting
0024:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "torch_cpu.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot it or it's hopeless?
fargodwe

Re: Error with pytorch torch_cpu.dll

Post by fargodwe »

What's the program?

What linux version?

Which wine version?

It would also be best to:
  • run in from a terminal window
  • post the entire console output - from start to finish - enclosed in code tags (5th item on the default editor when posting here)
I am just a novice here myself but perhaps that data might be enough to get an idea what is actually going on. Perhaps one of the more experienced people here or even one of the experts might see that and have and idea.

Did you check the wine appdb for the program and see what the status is?

I also searched the net for the dll you mentioned and wine. What I did see right off the get go is even in Windows people have had problems which seem to be directory related. It's possible that is occuring in wine and you may to adjust directories in the prefix as well.

Also, did you install one of the vcrun packages via wine? There is a hint in one of the posts about Windows that might indicate you need a vc runtime installed. Try installing via winetricks.

Did you actually install torch itself in the wine prefix?
qwertymnb
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Error with pytorch torch_cpu.dll

Post by qwertymnb »

>Call from 000000007BC2FA98 to unimplemented function KERNEL32.dll.GetMaximumProcessorGroupCount, aborting

Try upgrade your wine-version. This function had been added recently apparently:

commit 773161f84b9e413e74b6bea750ca5e35b0549941
Author: Esme Povirk <[email protected]>
Date: Fri Apr 9 15:05:29 2021 -0500

kernel32: Add stub for GetMaximumProcessorGroupCount.

So if you use current devel version of wine (wine-6.8) that crash should be gone