Mysterious Missing Wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
Deadgar64

Mysterious Missing Wine

Post by Deadgar64 »

First post here, go easy on me, lol...
Ran into a weird issue was hoping to see if anyone has ever come across it:

Running Pop_OS 20.10 on a system 76 machine (just lovely all around) and received an archive manager update (I know, I know, just follow me here) and ever since .exe files seem to want to managed by said program.
Easy fix, right?
So I thought...

Seems that after that update Wine has disappeared from the selectable application to run any type of file. Matter of fact, seems to have vanished from the app selection and the apps portion of the setting menu as well. Even weirder is (and this is the real kicker) Wine works just fine. I can run through terminal with no issue, all previously setup apps work fine... it's just that it kinda disappeared.

Now I've spent a week reading online about .desktop files that may have gone missing and such. Did all that trouble shooting to no avail. Thing are exactly where they should beas far as I can tell. Tried rolling back archive manager on a whim, no good. Tried to uninstall wine and give it a fresh go but get a dependencies error now though too.

So has anyone seen this before? Am I missing something embarrassingly obvious, lol?