Annoying application keeps coming on top of others

Questions about Wine on Linux
LMLM
Level 3
Level 3

Annoying application keeps coming on top of others

Post by LMLM »

There is this annoying Windows application that keeps coming on top of others.

I launch it, it comes on top. Sounds normal? Well, it takes some time to launch, and if I try to switch to any other application while it's launching, I can't because it keeps jumping to the top.

Sometimes, it generates a pop-up dialogue. The dialogue comes on top of whatever else I'm looking at. I dismiss the pop-up and the parent applications comes on top.

Then there are the virtual desktops. Annoying application has no focus. Something else does. I switch to virtual desktop 2 or 3. I come back to virtual desktop, bang, annoying application is on top again.

I have other Windows applications and none of them behaves that way. Is there anything I can do to prevent that behavior?
LMLM
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Annoying application keeps coming on top of others

Post by LMLM »

I just remembered two things:

1) Whenever I have the annoying application and another Windows application running and I close the second application, annoying application will instantly grab focus even if it didn't have focus before I even launched the second application.

2) The annoying application also has annoying floating tips. They pop up a lot and won't go away when its parent application is no longer in focus until I hover the mouse pointer over them.
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

OS?
Wine version?
"Annoying application" name and version?
LMLM
Level 3
Level 3

Post by LMLM »

fargodwe wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:54 pm OS?
Wine version?
"Annoying application" name and version?
Debian 9
wine-staging 5.12 (there is no newer version for my OS)
MetaTrader 4 latest build