Reach For The Stars 1.4.1 -- strange mouse bug

Questions about Wine on Linux
Zarquan314

Reach For The Stars 1.4.1 -- strange mouse bug

Post by Zarquan314 »

According to winehq, it says that this game's rating is garbage. From my experience, this generally means the game either fails to open or opens with a black screen. However, it just ran and went to the main menu when I installed this game and ran it, it came up with almost everything there, and I even got in to a game and played a couple rounds (which I did just to see if it would crash or anything). Unfortunately, there is a bug that makes it essentially unplayable.

When I click in the game, it seems to release the click at a different location than where I click. I can see UI elements getting highlighted by this. While it doesn't make the clicks register in other places, it does mean that the button I am clicking on does not act like it has been pressed. It generally takes 5-10 clicks on average to get a button to register.

I know this game isn't popular or anything, so I doubt I can get any help with people who have tried to play it, but perhaps this is a fixable problem that has appeared in other DirectX 7 games, or other games by SSG/Matrix Games.
Proque

Re: Reach For The Stars 1.4.1 -- strange mouse bug

Post by Proque »

I'm having the same experience with the same game. Everything seems to work, except the mouse clicks.
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Reach For The Stars 1.4.1 -- strange mouse bug

Post by invisible kid »

I'm just a regular user, so this isn't an "official" recommendation, but I would try filing a bug report. Sorry I don't have a link handy.

Message to mods: logging in to this board is excruciating.