Audio Not Working After Alt+Tab

Questions about Wine on Linux
Chef Niko

Audio Not Working After Alt+Tab

Post by Chef Niko »

I'm having a lot of trouble getting audio to work correctly using Wine on Fedora. I'm trying to play a game launched via Lutris, and it worked fine until I alt+tabbed, then the audio quit working. Then I launched the game via steam (proton), and the audio worked until I alt+tabbed, then it quit working again.

So, then I made a new wine prefix with winetricks to try to find out what was going on, and it doesn't load a driver or detect any devices by default. If I set it to pulseaudio, then it will load the pulseaudio driver and see some of my devices, but not all of them.

I'm somewhat rusty with Linux, and not very knowledgeable about wine, but I can follow instructions, and I've been working on this for hours, so I would really appreciate some assistance. I read the user's manual for wine, but it basically says "it just works lol, blame your distro if not", which is really unhelpful, and extremely frustrating. I don't see any new errors in my system logs when I launch the application, and wine is failing to work correctly, so it should be logging something of its own.

If anybody has some ideas, or would at least point me to some further information, that'd be great. TIA!