Window management

Questions about Wine on Linux
plc613
Level 1
Level 1

Window management

Post by plc613 »

Hi everyone,

I doubt this is app or game specific but I'll state what I'm using nonetheless. I'm running FC33 with Wine 5.18 and playing Diablo III. The battle.net window works as expected: minimize, maxime, close..etc. but the game window itself, in this case Diablo, locks the mouse to the game window and cannot be minimized or close. My only recourse appears to be to alt+tab out of it. Then I can right click the taskbar in gnome and quit (or I can quit within the game itself and it exits fine).

My first clue that things aren't working as expected (imo) is that there is no window decoration around the game window. ?Aside from that, everything looks fine. No crashing or anything, very stable and performance is good. I should probably mention the only way I got battlenet to run was to force 32bit XP if that makes a difference. I know there is a setting to grab the mouse at full screen but that setting is not enabled. Any ideas what I can try?
plc613
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Window management

Post by plc613 »

I just tested the setting windowed (fullscreen) and that rectified the issue of the mouse being locked in the game.