Program does not start with "gdiplus.dll not found", but it is installed

Questions about Wine on Linux
katonag
Level 1
Level 1

Program does not start with "gdiplus.dll not found", but it is installed

Post by katonag »

Trying to install OriginPro2017 32bit into a 32bit winearch under OpenSUSE Tumbleweed with Wine 6.5. The program installs fine, but when I try to run it, the following errors are generated:

Code: Select all

0100:err:module:import_dll Library gdiplus.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\OriginLab\\Origin2017\\ok9.dll") not found
0100:err:module:import_dll Library ok9.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\OriginLab\\Origin2017\\OK3DGL9.dll") not found
0100:err:module:import_dll Library OK3DGL9.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\OriginLab\\Origin2017\\od9.dll") not found
0100:err:module:import_dll Library gdiplus.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\OriginLab\\Origin2017\\ok9.dll") not found
0100:err:module:import_dll Library ok9.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\OriginLab\\Origin2017\\od9.dll") not found
0100:err:module:import_dll Library od9.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\OriginLab\\Origin2017\\ou9.dll") not found
0100:err:module:import_dll Library ok9.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\OriginLab\\Origin2017\\OK3DGL9.dll") not found
0100:err:module:import_dll Library OK3DGL9.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\OriginLab\\Origin2017\\ou9.dll") not found
0100:err:module:import_dll Library ok9.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\OriginLab\\Origin2017\\ou9.dll") not found
0100:err:module:import_dll Library ou9.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\OriginLab\\Origin2017\\Origin94.exe") not found
0100:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Importing dlls for L"C:\\Program Files\\OriginLab\\Origin2017\\Origin94.exe" failed, status c0000135
I have installed gdiplus using winetricks and gdiplus.dll is indeed in windows\system32. Running with builtin gdiplus, the program crashes.

Any ideas welcome.
madewokherd
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Program does not start with "gdiplus.dll not found", but it is installed

Post by madewokherd »

Maybe your native gdiplus is the wrong architecture for this program?
katonag
Level 1
Level 1

Post by katonag »

What do you mean by this? I have installed it through winetricks. As far as I know winetricks installs 32bit versions, the arch is 32bit and the installed software is 32bit too. Formerly this program worked fine. Formerly means wine 4.x or 5.x, I do not remember exactly. It was about 1.5-2 years ago, if I remember right.
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

Have you installed one of the c runtime package? Have you installed .net?
katonag
Level 1
Level 1

Post by katonag »

I have run some test installations. Installing to a clean wineprefix, the program now starts (with builtin gdiplus), however there are no scrollbars around the work area if a window is outside the visible part. As I remember, gdiplus was the solution to solve is. Installing gdiplus immediately results in the described error. Installing dotnet35 and vcrun2012 does not help; i.e. with the builtin gdiplus there are no scrollbars and with the native gdiplus it does not start.
katonag
Level 1
Level 1

Post by katonag »

As you see in AppDB, with wine 3.x it was working fine to install gdiplus: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... gId=102895
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

First, remember there are a TON of differences between wine 3.x and wine 6.5. I have seen a few posts about some games not working in 6.5. Perhaps falling back to 6.0 might help.

Looking at the output you posted, it would be worthwhile to see if all of the dll's listed actually exist either in the folder your program executable is in or in c:\windows\system32. It *looks* like it is trying to find those dll's but can't and the import of those dll's has failed. It might be that you need to add them in winecfg.
null234

Post by null234 »

as you mentioned i have the same error and i can cofirm its greatly confusing i can assure to all technic freaks here the librarys are not missing and its uncommon to get such errors.
All the librarys needed are installed and the program even did work correctly, somehow after a few days it stopped working i can remeber restarting the program and relaunching wine and then suddenly this came up.
its not finding the dlls in the folder where the executable is located and its neither finding installed librarys i looked up in the registry and the registry is clean idk what else could cause it
looks liek some conmfiguration path gets ofset or smth like that.
meanwhile i even suspect a deeply going fail because i have that on every single wine version that exist and no it doesnt matter how often i reinstall the programm or the vm it always happens again after it happened once after that its not possible to get the program running at all anymore (no matter which vm!)