Trying to use native win 10 pro dlls in wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
steve7233
Level 2
Level 2

Trying to use native win 10 pro dlls in wine

Post by steve7233 »

I am trying to get Evil Genious 2 to play. Released on March 30, 2021. The Proton thread at gethub thinks that it might be a dll preventing the launcher from working and wine needs an updated version not that that is necessarily an easy solution. So I thought until there is a proper solution found and I have a win 10 Pro key then I might be able to use a VM to get the native dll in question and use it to get the game working via a dll overide in wine telling wine to use the native dll. I did a search for how to do this but your search tool doesn't bring up what I am looking for. Can you please tell me where to put the copy of the dll and whether this will even work? It's just until there is a proper fix.
crhiggin
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Trying to use native win 10 pro dlls in wine

Post by crhiggin »

Install winecfg. Open and click Libraries tab. Click down arrow and scroll to the dll, select dll click Add. Then edit and select native.
steve7233
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steve7233 »

I know that part but where do I put the native dll??
lfom

Post by lfom »

Probably in the same directory you got the DLL from, but inside your WINE's drive_c instead.
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

Depending, but I would say the dll should go in the drive_c/windows/system32 folder.