MS Access 2007 problems

Questions about Wine on Linux
SomeGuy

MS Access 2007 problems

Post by SomeGuy »

So, I installed MS Office 2007 on wine, I opened the different applications and at first glance they seem to be working fine in general. However there are some things that don't work. For instance, on Access, if I try to download the provided document templates from Microsoft, the download fails. So I opened Access from the terminal in order to see what kind of errors it gives out. Here it is:

Code: Select all

013c:fixme:ras:RasEnumEntriesW (00000000,(null),04AAFA68,04AAFA60,04AAFA64),stub!
013c:fixme:wininet:query_global_option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECTED_STATE: semi-stub
013c:err:wininet:HTTP_ParseDateAsAsctime unexpected weekday L"-1"
013c:err:wininet:HTTP_ParseDate unexpected date format L"-1"

I only pasted the code displayed just after the error shows up. Before that, the program runs just fine with a bunch of fixme.
So on winetricks I see that there are two versions of wininet available. I tried to install the first one, wininet, and not only does the download not work, but Access crashes and then restarts itself. Anyone who knows how to fix this?
SomeGuy

Re: MS Access 2007 problems

Post by SomeGuy »

I forgot to add some relevant information: I'm using Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa and Wine 6.0.