Issue in wine 6.5

Questions about Wine on Linux
anonvs

Issue in wine 6.5

Post by anonvs »

I believe there is a new issue in wine. After updating to 6.5 I am unable to use programs which previously worked fine. I receive this error message
wine: failed to load start.exe: 40000003
I have found only one reference to this error message on a reddit post made less than 24 hours ago.
No solutions have been put forward and I am eager to get Wine working again. Excuse me if I'm breaking any social norms here with this topic, I am quite a noob but I feel this is exclusively my problem and that other people may be helped if I bring the topic up here.
For reference I am using Arch Linux and the program I am trying to run is Graphics Gale, an image editing software unavailable for Linux. Everything worked fine this morning but I updated my system today and everything has broken. (I tried to simply downgrade but that broke something else :shock: )
Thank you all, I would be happy to provide more information if needed and again apologies if this is a bad thread.
dimesio

Re: Issue in wine 6.5

Post by dimesio »

droopy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Issue in wine 6.5

Post by droopy »

I encountered the same in Wine 6,5 and Ubuntu 20.04.02 with some software (not all)
I removed the old installation of the software, restarted my computer and reinstalled the software with wine from the command line (bash in Ubuntu). (I also check that I had the latest "winetricks" installed at the same time.)

That solved my problem and perhaps could do the same for you.

Also try to clean out any old packages in your linux system that might lay around in your cache befor installing again.

Sadly i did not save the errors number I got. But I think I had the same Start problem.