LoggerPro USB-Sensors hidraw

Questions about Wine on Linux
samuel-wine

LoggerPro USB-Sensors hidraw

Post by samuel-wine »

Dear wine community,

I would love to get LoggerPro running with wine, to get some school laptops migrated to Linux.
Even if the installation and program startup runs smoothly the Sensors (connected via USB) are not recognized.

The Sensor is visible via

Code: Select all

$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 013: ID 08f7:0004 Vernier Go!Motion
And in dev it seems to be that the sensor is recognized by:

Code: Select all

/dev/hidraw0
/dev/usb/hiddev1
I tried the same as mentioned here https://superuser.com/questions/1477796 ... untu-19-04, and added a registry entry for COM1 pointing to hiddev1 or hidraw0 and giving read permission. But those attempts were not successfull.

I am on Debian Buster x64 and wine 6.0 x32.

Thanks for your help!
Samuel
fargodwe

Re: LoggerPro USB-Sensors hidraw

Post by fargodwe »

Even though the device is recognized by linux and you have changed the port configuration in the wine prefix registry, is it possible that LoggerPro installs a device driver in Windows when it installs itself? If so, I don't think there is a way to get a Windows driver to work in wine.
samuel-wine

Post by samuel-wine »

Thank you for your reply.

How do I determine if LoggerPro tried to install USB-Drivers? I didn't see a window or message saying that drivers are being installed.

Is it correct to map the hidraw or hiddev to a COM-Port, or should I map it elsewhere?
samuel-wine

Post by samuel-wine »

Okay.
LoggerPro needs an USB-Driver to function properly. This seems to be my problem.
I use it now in a VirtualBox with USB-passthrough.