20.04 Wine Dependencies and Broken packages problem

Questions about Wine on Linux
WOWMEMEMINECRAFT
Level 1
Level 1

20.04 Wine Dependencies and Broken packages problem

Post by WOWMEMEMINECRAFT »

Hello,
So I've been doing the Wine Steps By using Copy-n-paste. turns out the problem when installing the last command the dependencies needed were

Code: Select all

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-stable
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 winehq-stable : Depends: wine-stable (= 6.0.0~focal-1)
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
the missing packages were Wine stable 6.0.0~Focal-1 I tried to install it but it kept giving me that error message sadly. Is there a way to well install wine with this issue resolved. :?:

I'm using Ubuntu Flash on drive persistent storage using Rufus the other programs were installed and most of them are fine.
I've tried several times to reflash and flash the USB trying to get wine to be installed nothing worked even tried to install the Dependencies it's just a mess of stuff and I can't install it.
WOWMEMEMINECRAFT
Level 1
Level 1

Re: 20.04 Wine Dependencies and Broken packages problem

How do I install the dependencies im new to Linux OS and which one should I get? Im confused. :?:
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Apt will tell you in the error message what is missing for the package you are trying to install. The error message you posted says wine-stable is missing. You said you tried to install it, and got an error message--what did it say? Try to install whatever package that error message calls for. You will probably get yet another error message; try to install whatever package it asks for. Keep going until you can install something. If you're unsure what to do at any point, post the exact error message. We have no way of knowing what's missing from your system.
WOWMEMEMINECRAFT
Level 1
Level 1

The error message was that Libasound2 I tried to install ALL and the well this turns out.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install wine-stable-i386
Building dependency tree       

wine-stable-i386:i386 : Depends: libasound2:i386 (>= 1.0.16) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libfaudio0:i386 (>= 19.06.07) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libglib2.0-0:i386 (>= 2.12.0) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libgphoto2-6:i386 (>= 2.5.10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libgphoto2-port12:i386 (>= 2.5.10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-0:i386 (>= 1.0.0) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libgstreamer1.0-0:i386 (>= 1.4.0) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libldap-2.4-2:i386 (>= 2.4.7) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libopenal1:i386 (>= 1.14) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libpulse0:i386 (>= 0.99.1) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libudev1:i386 (>= 183) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libusb-1.0-0:i386 (>= 2:1.0.21) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libxml2:i386 (>= 2.9.0) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: libasound2-plugins:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                         Recommends: libcups2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                         Recommends: libdbus-1-3:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                         Recommends: libfontconfig1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                         Recommends: libfreetype6:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                         Recommends: libglu1-mesa:i386 but it is not going to be installed or
                                     libglu1:i386
                         Recommends: libgnutls30:i386 but it is not going to be installed or
                                     libgnutls28:i386 but it is not installable or
                                     libgnutls26:i386 but it is not installable
                         Recommends: libgssapi-krb5-2:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                         Recommends: libjpeg62-turbo:i386 but it is not installable or
                                     libjpeg8:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                         Recommends: libkrb5-3:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                         Recommends: libosmesa6:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                         Recommends: libsane:i386 but it is not going to be installed or
                                     libsane1:i386
                         Recommends: libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                         Recommends: libtiff5:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                         Recommends: libv4l-0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                         Recommends: libxslt1.1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
I dig deeper trying to install the (Not recommends and got this message)

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install libasound2:i386
Building dependency tree       

libasound2:i386 : Depends: libasound2-data:i386 (>= 1.2.2-2.1)
 libcanberra0 : Depends: libasound2 (>= 1.0.16)
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
I GOT THE Libasound2 data and LIBASOUND2 I tried installing the Behind but I got it installed the versions are the Higher ones but some of them are the same. Is there a way to get this fix if I update my Ubuntu the Ubuntu software default store wouldn't work and I can't install the .deb packages using the other store the Blue and white one it's terrible. is there a way to Fix those Libasound acting weird for 32 bit on a 64 bit system.

And yes I am new to linux
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

What is the output of:

grep -R ^deb /etc/apt/sources.list*
and

dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
WOWMEMEMINECRAFT
Level 1
Level 1

jkfloris wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:13 am What is the output of:

grep -R ^deb /etc/apt/sources.list*
and

dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
After entering the Command this outputs.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ grep -R ^deb /etc/apt/sources.list*
/etc/apt/sources.list:deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 LTS _Focal Fossa_ - Release amd64 (20210209.1)]/ focal main restricted
/etc/apt/sources.list:deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal main universe restricted multiverse
/etc/apt/sources.list:deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ focal main
/etc/apt/sources.list.save:deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 LTS _Focal Fossa_ - Release amd64 (20210209.1)]/ focal main restricted
/etc/apt/sources.list.save:deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal main universe restricted multiverse
/etc/apt/sources.list~:deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 LTS _Focal Fossa_ - Release amd64 (20210209.1)]/ focal main restricted
/etc/apt/sources.list~:deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal main universe restricted multiverse
/etc/apt/sources.list~:deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ focal main
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
i386
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ 

jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

Although I'm not sure if this solves the problem, you're missing the "update" and the "security" server.

sudo apt-add-repository 'deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ focal-updates main universe restricted multiverse'
sudo apt-add-repository 'deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security main universe restricted multiverse'
sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
If you get a line like:

Waiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock. It is held by process 5012 (dpkg)... Error! 
Set "Automatically check for updates" to "Never" in "Software & Updates" → "Updates"
WOWMEMEMINECRAFT
Level 1
Level 1

jkfloris wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:18 am Although I'm not sure if this solves the problem, you're missing the "update" and the "security" server.

sudo apt-add-repository 'deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ focal-updates main universe restricted multiverse'
sudo apt-add-repository 'deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security main universe restricted multiverse'
sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
If you get a line like:

Waiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock. It is held by process 5012 (dpkg)... Error! 
Set "Automatically check for updates" to "Never" in "Software & Updates" → "Updates"
I even opened my Software update and updated instead I need to reflash my USB Persistent drive the new update is terrible. (And It doesn't even WORK!)
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

jkfloris - is there anyway an apt-get with some sort of --install-recommends would work? You know I'm a complete novice so I hope you don't mind me asking.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

Sorry, I missed you use an Ubuntu live disk. Could you try:

sudo apt update
sudo apt install winehq-stable
I think the problem has to do with the Live disk. With a full-upgrade, the kernel is also updated, among other things, and that doesn't work with a Live disk.