Access 2003 VBA not working

Questions about Wine on Linux
angus73
Level 1
Level 1

Access 2003 VBA not working

Post by angus73 »

Hi,
I am trying to make MS Access 2003 completely working on my Linux wine-6.0 (Staging). That would be really a great thing, as MS Access and the VBA coding scripts are the last things that prevent me to shutdown a windows VM permantently.

I have followed the appDB howto and some winetricks suggestions, the application seems to work itself but if I try to open the VBA editor it just hangs forever.

I have followed many guides, suggesions, forums and so on, but none helped me.
In short here's what I have done so far:

- setup a new wineprefix using WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_office2k3_win32 winecfg (used the Windows 7 default and tried also with WinXP);
- prepending WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_office2k3_win32 performed the following actions:
- installed Office 2003 in the wineprefix;
- set the following dlls override in winecfg
- riched20 native
- gdiplus native, builtin
- sh winetricks corefonts vcrun6 riched20 mdac28 jet40 vb6run
- run the app.

Other people seem to have it working. What can I try to do?
Of course, I can provide any log if needed (by the way, I noticed a "01a8:err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\Program files\\Common files\\Microsoft shared\\dao\\dao2535.tlb" failed with error 2" message at the end of the winetricks output, don't know if matters).

Many thanks,
Angus
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Access 2003 VBA not working

Post by spoon0042 »

Other DB things have needed some dll overrides, can you check winecfg with that prefix that all of msado15, mtxdm, odbc32, oledb32, and odbccp32 are "native, builtin"?