MoneySpire2021 Graphics Help

Questions about Wine on Linux
epsmith

MoneySpire2021 Graphics Help

Post by epsmith »

Hi all-

I'm new to WineHQ. I have successfully install the MoneySpire 2021 application and much of it looks like it is running. However, the text showing each transaction in the check register is not showing nor is the text for Accounts etc. Seems like i'm missing a dll running or something. can anyone offer a suggestion here? I attached a picture of the main screen
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-02-07 11-23-25.png
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: MoneySpire2021 Graphics Help

Post by jkfloris »

Does it make a difference if you set the Windows version to "Windows XP"?
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

I just downloaded this, installed it with default prefix ( brand new .wine), default architecture (win64). Running it as a demo shows the screen you are showing but all of the text is showing everywhere. This is running on a Windows PC. I did notice the software also showed a download for Mac, so are you using a Windows PC or a Mac?

What version of linux are you using?

Code: Select all

uname -a
Did you install Wine via the instructions on WineHQ or through you distribution's package manager?
Did it ask you a couple (or more) times about something from Gecko missing and asking if you wanted to install?
Did you accept that you wanted to install those?
What is your version of wine? You can do as I have in the window below as you can see - I'm running 6.1 Staging.

Code: Select all

dave@dave-Aleena:~$ wine --version
wine-6.1 (Staging)
dave@dave-Aleena:~$ 
I'll leave now and let jkfloris work with you as they were doing. I'm just very much a novice but he is a real expert on Wine. I just wanted to post back it did work for me. I didn't need any extra packages from winetricks, etc..
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

I probably should say a amd box, not a Windows box. The system is not running Windows but linux Mint.