Xango (Macromedia Director edutainment game) paint subgame

Questions about Wine on Linux
Zup

Xango (Macromedia Director edutainment game) paint subgame

Post by Zup »

Hi

I have prepared a laptop for my son to use, and I've put some webs and games recommended at school. I've found some error in Xango. The software is an interactive tale with many educative subgames, that seems made using Macromedia/Adobe Director (many dxr files).

The fault is on two paint by number subgames. On those games, the user chooses a colour and then clicks where that colour is supposed to be and the program fills that area with the chosen colour (there are two subgames, the first one lets you choose any colour, the second one challenges you with some additions and substractions to choose the colour).

The bug is that the program should "flood" part of the drawing (in windows does that) but in Wine it "floods" all the window (including part of the program UI).

I'm using Debian 10 AMD64, using Wine 5.0.4 from Debian repositories. The software was copied from an USB, running on a "clean" Wine profile (there is no other Windows software installed on that profile, nor libraries or winetricks packages).

Any ideas?