How to run winecfg

Questions about Wine on Linux
greenhandzdl

How to run winecfg

Post by greenhandzdl »

Code: Select all

[greenhandzdl@localhost wine-5.22]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 4.18.0-193.28.1.el8_2.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Oct 22 00:20:22 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
I compiled the binary package of wine, but when I

wine --version
,it doesn't function properly.
thus,I use

alias

[greenhandzdl@localhost wine-5.22]$ wine
Usage: wine PROGRAM [ARGUMENTS...]   Run the specified program
       wine --help                   Display this help and exit
       wine --version                Output version information and exit
In fact,I don't work it out.

[greenhandzdl@localhost wine-5.22]$ winecfg
0034:err:module:fixup_ntdll_imports module "/usr/local/lib64/wine/gdi32.so" is importing ELF
0060:err:module:fixup_ntdll_imports module "/usr/local/lib64/wine/gdi32.so" is importing D��[A\A]A^A_]�
0068:err:module:fixup_ntdll_imports module "/usr/local/lib64/wine/gdi32.so" is importing 
0068:err:explorer:initialize_display_settings Failed to query current display settings for L"\\\\.\\DISPLAY1".
002c:err:module:fixup_ntdll_imports module "/usr/local/lib64/wine/gdi32.so" is importing 
00c0:err:module:fixup_ntdll_imports module "/usr/local/lib64/wine/gdi32.so" is importing "
002c:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
002c:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow The graphics driver is missing. Check your build!
00c0:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
00c0:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow The graphics driver is missing. Check your build!
00c0:err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 1812 L"@wineusb.sys,-1" -> L"C:\\windows\\inf\\wineusb.inf"
00ec:err:module:fixup_ntdll_imports module "/usr/local/lib64/wine/gdi32.so" is importing ELF
00ec:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
00ec:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow The graphics driver is missing. Check your build!
00f4:err:module:fixup_ntdll_imports module "/usr/local/lib64/wine/gdi32.so" is importing 
00f4:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
00f4:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow The graphics driver is missing. Check your build!
Could not find Wine Gecko. HTML rendering will be disabled.
00fc:err:module:fixup_ntdll_imports module "/usr/local/lib64/wine/gdi32.so" is importing 
wine client error:0: version mismatch 652/571.
Your wine binary was not upgraded correctly,
or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?
wine: configuration in L"H:\\.wine" has been updated.
0024:err:module:fixup_ntdll_imports module "/usr/local/lib64/wine/gdi32.so" is importing 
0114:err:module:fixup_ntdll_imports module "/usr/local/lib64/wine/gdi32.so" is importing 
0024:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
0024:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow The graphics driver is missing. Check your build!
[greenhandzdl@localhost wine-5.22]$ 
What should I do?Where is the winecfg file?
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Re: How to run winecfg

Post by invisible kid »

You might get more experienced and targetted help, but in the mean time you can search for a file on linux by doing this as root:
find / -mount -name winecfg
and it should find it.
When I used to run from debian I had to do:
wine winecfg
Hope you get it fixed.
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

What linux distribution are you running that you needed to compile wine?
greenhandzdl

Post by greenhandzdl »

CentOS Stream...
In fact,when you snap install wine,you can't use it.
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

Not knowing anything about CentOS I have to ask some questions:.
  • does winecfg run in your command line/terminal window?
  • I read a little on building wine for CentOS and read one the said not do somethings as root. Hopefully that went ok and you still have access to everything in wine when running as a normal user.
  • does wine on CentOS allow WINEPREFIX and WINEARCH? I don't know what the defaults are in CentOS, but for linux Mint (ubuntu) it by default assume a win64 WINEARCH and default <users home folder>/.wine folder.

I'm sure you probably have, but review the documentation for wine, running winecfg and winetricks.

For me, if I have used,to create, or just want to create a new prefix,using the default WINEARCH and default WINEPREFIX I just do

winecfg
on a terminal window/command line. I can only assume it would be the same for you.

If you have not yet created a wine prefix, running winecfg will create a prefix using the default architecture and prefix.

Can you post back your terminal when you just run winecfg?

There are, I'm sure users here that are familiar with CentOS and can help you more. I'm just trying to help without knowing anything about CentOS.
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

I'm sure you noticed but throughout the log it shows the graphics driver is missing. I don't know if this is something you somehow need to include when you build wine or if it's a module you add afterwords. Winecfg does open a window once everything is set up. Do you ever get to that window? Does it ever ask about installing 1 or 2 packages? Does it even run at all or does it just kick out your log and die?

I assume you are running some sort of xserver. Is it set up for your video card?
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

Do you have winetricks? I think it eill allow you to create and configure a prefix, if the gui'd version of it doesn;t work you should still be able to run it from the command line - something like winetricks -q jet40. if you know what video adapter you should be able to use winetricks to install the apropiate wine files. if you ask in another thread for help getting your video adapter working someone should be able to help you. if you want to post it back here i'll see what i might find.