Zoo Tycoon 2: Zookeeper Collection run issues

Questions about Wine on Linux
rtgx473

Zoo Tycoon 2: Zookeeper Collection run issues

Post by rtgx473 »

Hello,

I'm using Ubuntu 20.04. I purchased a copy of ZT2: Zookeeper Collection and installed it using Wine. When I went into the autorun.exe afterwards and click "Play" nothing happens and it exits out of Wine. What am I doing wrong?
fargodwe

Re: Zoo Tycoon 2: Zookeeper Collection run issues

Post by fargodwe »

I am a complete novice here so I don't know if this will help or not.

You might need to run winefg and try setting the windows version to a lower version of Windows - perhaps try starting with windows xp and working upward. From what I could find online in Windows 10 people have had to set the compatibility mode to windows xp service pack 3,

If you haven't already you may need one of the .net installed using winetricks.

If that doesn't work then please do the following.

If you did not specify WINEPREFIX then everything got installed in .wine/drive_c

If you did specify WINEPREFIX then everything got installed in <path to your prefix>/drive_c

In that directory you will see the familiar Windows folders. Your program should have installed to it's own folder on drive_c, Program Files folder on drive_c or Program Files (x86) on drive_c.

Use a terminal window and navigate to the folder.

Then:

Code: Select all

<your prefix if needed as WINEPREFIX=complete path to your prefix> <wine architecture if needed (64-bit is the default) as WINEARCH=>  wine autoexec.exe
Copy the terminal output and paste back here between code tags.