Euro Truck Simulator 2 bad performance only on staging.

Questions about Wine on Linux
LateralShift
Level 2
Level 2

Euro Truck Simulator 2 bad performance only on staging.

Post by LateralShift »

I used to run Euro Truck Simulator on the wine-devel branch and it ran decently, given my hardware. I recently switched to the staging branch and I find that the game runs at a few frames per second. When I alt-tab to the terminal it is spamming this over and over:

Code: Select all

warn:  D3D11DeviceContext::QueryInterface: Unknown interface query
warn:  d56e2a4c-5127-8437-658a-98c5bb789498
00d4:err:nvapi:NvAPI_D3D11_SetDepthBoundsTest Failed to get wined3d device handle!
This is the only game I have that experiences this. I tried searching this error message with no luck. Does anyone know what it means?
LateralShift
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 bad performance only on staging.

Post by LateralShift »

I fixed this problem by disabling nvapi64.dll in winecfg, but now I have a new problem, which is stuttering. I realize my OP didn't contain any information about my system so sorry for not posting this sooner:
Kernel: 4.19.0-13-amd64
wine-6.0-rc1 (staging)
CPU: AMD FX8350
GPU: NVidia 1050Ti

Anyway, the stuttering happens at the same rate at all times, not just at high performance sections of the game. It even happens during the FMV sequences on starting up the game. It happens no matter how many times I start it up, so it's not because of shader caching.

I have tried debugging but I don't know which channels would be useful? I have tried the ones listed on the wiki under "useful channels" but I can't get anything helpful.