Can't open services.msc on default Ubuntu 20.04

Post by devel »

Launched regedit fine (shows the window):

Code: Select all

$ WINEARCH=win32 wine regedit
Trying to see services.msc and it hangs:

$ WINEDEBUG=trace WINEARCH=win32 wine services
0059:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PlugPlay" failed to start: 1053
0059:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"MountMgr" failed to start: 1053
Tried with a fresh prefix and without WINEARCH variable.

Ubuntu 20.04, packages installed:

fonts-wine                                                  5.0-3ubuntu1                                        all
libwine:amd64                                               5.0-3ubuntu1                                        amd64
libwine:i386                                                5.0-3ubuntu1                                        i386
wine                                                        5.0-3ubuntu1                                        all
wine-stable                                                 3.0.1ubuntu1                                        all
wine1.6                                                     1:1.8.4ubuntu1                                      amd64
wine32:i386                                                 5.0-3ubuntu1                                        i386
wine64                                                      5.0-3ubuntu1                                        amd64
winetricks                                                  0.0+20200412-1                                      all
Also I've got Steam and Proton 5.13 installations. So I tried the same inside them:

/tmp/proton_$USER/run services
Shows a small black window.

"/tmp/proton_$USER/run winecfg" for example runs fine.

Is services.msc supposed to work? Do I have to install something? Does it show up if there are no services?
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Can't open services.msc on default Ubuntu 20.04

Post by jkfloris »

You're confusing two things:
services.exe and services.msc
When running wine services you run services.exe
services.msc isn't implemented in Wine
devel

Re: Can't open services.msc on default Ubuntu 20.04

Post by devel »

Ok, so it's "net start" to see the list of running services.