- No sound. Despite the sound test in winecfg working, there is simply no sound in any game whatsoever. I'm guessing it's a directsound issue.
- Hyperventilation. The fan goes bonkers any time a game is launched, including 20 year old games with primitive graphics. I'm guessing everything is running on the CPU and DirectX is not used, despite being installed.
- Misc errors. May or may not be relevant, but every time winecfg is run from the terminal, a slew of errors appear and they're all saying where xxxx is a hex number.
Code: Select all
xxxx:err:rpc:rpcrt4_ncacn_np_handoff Failed to retrieve the computer name, error 2
- Non-working 32-bit prefix. Not that big of a deal since I can run 32-bit programs in a 64-bit prefix just fine, but thought I'd mention it regardless. Any time I set up a 32-bit prefix, all windows are either invisible or 1x1. Running anything produces an error window, which of course cannot be read due to the aforementioned reason. Running a simple program like Paint produces a visible, small, empty window.
- Installing DirectX 9 using this ancient guide and an old redistributable DirectX setup. Setup completes without errors but the problems persist.
- Installing DirectX 9+10+11 using winetricks by selecting the appropriate DLLs. Everything installs fine, but the problems persist.
- Installing DXVK by following the guide on the github repo. Installs fine but the problems persist AND games like Among Us now spit a DirectX 11 error instead of simply launching in software mode (?) as they did before.
- Checking sound=alsa in the winetricks gui, the problems persist and the checkbox gets unchecked at the next launch of winetricks.
- Adding native DLL overrides for all x3daudio1_* and xaudio2_* where * is a number (I added a separate rule for every number). The problems persist.
Code: Select all
OS: Void Linux x86_64 Host: G5 5590 Kernel: 5.8.16_1 CPU: Intel i7-9750H (12) @ 4.500GHz GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile / Max-Q GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 NVIDIA Driver Ver.: 450.80.02_1 Memory: 15829MiB Audio: ALSA Wine Ver.: 5.19