ProPresenter 7.2 installation fails with message that Windows 10 Version 1809 or later is required

Questions about Wine on Linux
goober99

ProPresenter 7.2 installation fails with message that Windows 10 Version 1809 or later is required

Post by goober99 »

I'm trying to install ProPresenter 7.2. The installer fails with the message: "ProPresenter is not compatible with the installed version of Windows. Windows 10 Version 1809 or later is required."

I selected Windows 10 in winecfg and still get the above message. Is there some way to specify Windows 10 1809 as the version in Wine?

I'm using Wine 5.16 from the winehq.org repos on Debian Sid. I've also tried Wine Stable (5.0) and Wine Development (5.5) from the Debian Sid repos. The same result with all three. ProPresenter can be downloaded from here.
Gcenx
Level 6
Level 6

Re: ProPresenter 7.2 installation fails with message that Windows 10 Version 1809 or later is required

Post by Gcenx »

Valves Proton-5.0-next has a patch for this https://github.com/ValveSoftware/wine/c ... 94a7.patch

The following patch is also useful for updating an already created wineprefix https://github.com/ValveSoftware/wine/c ... 290ad43615
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: ProPresenter 7.2 installation fails with message that Windows 10 Version 1809 or later is required

Post by jkfloris »

The patch only change some numbers in the registry. You can also change these numbers with wine regedit
Search for "17134" and replace this with "17763"
You can probably find this numbers in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
goober99

Post by goober99 »

Thanks. Changing the values with regedit got the installer to launch.
devind

Post by devind »

How does ProPresenter 7 run in WINE?
goober99

Post by goober99 »

It doesn't. I finally got the installer to launch, but then ran into additional errors. I even bought a license to CodeWeavers CrossOver and opened a support ticket with them. They weren't able to get it working either.

My church finally went with Big Screen (https://bigscreen.show/). It did what we wanted that I initially thought only ProPresenter supported (different templates to different outputs, e.g. we want the lyrics in the center on a motion background for the main projector but on the bottom with a green background that can be keyed out to the video switcher for the livestream). It's cloud-based and runs in a browser, so it works on Linux without the need for Wine. We haven't run into any performance issues with it being cloud-based yet, and we're able to continue using Linux.
devind

Post by devind »

That's a bummer. My church's iMac is too old to update in order to use ProPresenter 7, so I was hoping to just go with Linux to eliminate the cost of buying a new machine.

We'll likely go with a Windows desktop with the next one so we have more control. I wish RenewedVision made a Linux version. :(

Thanks for the update! :)
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

You may want to check out openlp - it's a linux counterpart to propresenter. Depending on what version of linux you can install on the iMac it might be worth checking out. It's free.
https://openlp.org/

it's cross-platform so there are versions for multiple platforms (Windows, Mac, linux, etc).

It looks like it supports imports from propresenter 4.