Photoshop 2020 - can't install

Questions about Wine on Linux
dorron

Photoshop 2020 - can't install

Post by dorron »

Hi:

Trying to install Photoshop 2020 with latest wine, but as soon as i hit on setup a blank screen appears and can't do anything more. Anybody knows of a workaround or if the next versions of wine will fix this? Photoshop and Camera Raw are the only reason i still use a virtual machine and the GPU usage there is lackluster, so it would be great to make it work in wine.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards!
fargodwe

Re: Photoshop 2020 - can't install

Post by fargodwe »

I don't own it so I can't try to work it out, but perhaps you should try playonlinux to install it. If the results are the same, perhaps it might be a video driver - try

Code: Select all

lspci | grep VGA
and post the result back.
dorron

Post by dorron »

No luck with PlayOnLinux either...

lspci gives the next output:

Code: Select all

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU106M [GeForce RTX 2060 Mobile] (rev a1)
Thanks for the help!
darringiossi

Post by darringiossi »

dorron wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:43 am Hi:

Trying to install Photoshop 2020 with latest wine, but as soon as i hit on setup a blank screen appears and can't do anything more. Anybody knows of a workaround or if the next slitherio versions of wine will fix this? Photoshop and Camera Raw are the only reason i still use a virtual machine and the GPU usage there is lackluster, so it would be great to make it work in wine.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards!
No luck with PlayOnLinux either.
fargodwe

Post by fargodwe »

Well, reading other threads for Adobe products I can't advise you further. I would suggest doing a search on the forum for the problem and see if other hits come up.

In the mean time I hope someone who knows about this can help you. I thought the video driver was a shot until I searched the net on this and it sounds like it is not a unique problem and not related to your video adapter.

Sorry I am unable to help.
dorron

Post by dorron »

fargodwe wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:33 am Well, reading other threads for Adobe products I can't advise you further. I would suggest doing a search on the forum for the problem and see if other hits come up.

In the mean time I hope someone who knows about this can help you. I thought the video driver was a shot until I searched the net on this and it sounds like it is not a unique problem and not related to your video adapter.

Sorry I am unable to help.
Yep, i had done a lot of search on the internet and this forum prior to starting this thread too. Anyway, thanks for your kind help, mate! Much appreciated!

Best regards!