Missing minimize button in the right upper corner

Questions about Wine on Linux
meyer
Level 3
Level 3

Missing minimize button in the right upper corner

Post by meyer »

Hi,

the program "alt.binz" is a usenet downloader but i use it only for editing nzb files. there is no linux tool for that (except simple text editors). Problem is the missing minimize button in the right upper corner. There are only the two buttons to close the window or to maximize it (fullscreen). The third is missing. It works on windows 7 (running in a virtual machine). I also can't minimize the window when i click on the symbol in the panel.

I found some threads from 2008 and 2009 and one from 2013 in the arch forum with the answer that the problem should be fixed since wine 0.9.x.

i'm running ubuntu 20.04, winehq-devel 5.8. alt.binz is 0.39.4.

This is the output when i run alt.binz in a terminal

Code: Select all

0034:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe" not found
002c:err:wineboot:process_run_key Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (126).
0024:fixme:shell:FileIconInit (true)
0024:fixme:shell:SHGetKnownFolderIDList user token is not used.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\E:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\F:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\K:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\N:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\E:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\F:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\K:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\N:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
0024:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Missing minimize button in the right upper corner

Post by jkfloris »

winecfgGraphics
uncheck: Allow the window manager to decorate the windows
meyer
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Missing minimize button in the right upper corner