Converting existing Windows FTDI D2XXX.dll and LibFT4222.dll to wine supported .dll.so file

Questions about Wine on Linux
vksalian

Converting existing Windows FTDI D2XXX.dll and LibFT4222.dll to wine supported .dll.so file

Post by vksalian »

Hi,

I am trying to run an existing windows application on Linux using wine. But the software uses FTDI D2XXX.dll and LibFT4222.dll which does not seem to support in wine. Can you please let me know the procedure to convert these .DLL files into .dll.so files?

Also, please let me know link to articles if these are already implemented under wine.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Converting existing Windows FTDI D2XXX.dll and LibFT4222.dll to wine supported .dll.so file

Post by spoon0042 »

That's... not how wine works. (Unless the program is open source maybe but not really even then.)

I assume those dlls are included with the program? It's possible there's some bug but there's no way to know with the information you've given.

How are you running wine, and which version? And distro or anything else that could help. You'll want to run from a terminal, and 'cd' to the program directory first, then run wine and get a log: https://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#How_can_I_g ... tput.29.3F