Old game: Kyodai Mahjongg black window?

Questions about Wine on Linux
Bug2k16
Level 1
Level 1

Old game: Kyodai Mahjongg black window?

Post by Bug2k16 »

Can't seem to get this running on my new install of arch/openbox. It installs and starts with the initial startup window progress, but the main window then opens is just black. The contents appear to be there as the mouse cursor changes moving over the window.

I have this running on another machine arch/openbox, but this has an nvidia 770 running nouveau driver. I tested copying the .wine folder over with the same results. The new computer has an nvidia 1060 with the latest 440 driver. Closing the picom compositor has no effect. The working machine is a 32bit prefix, I've tried both 32 and 64bit on the new machine same result.

Starting form the command line gives these messages, but the other machine has these same messages but works fine.

Code: Select all

0024:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
00c0:fixme:d3d:state_linepattern_w Setting line patterns is not supported in OpenGL core contexts.
I don't know if it's relevant, but I've also tried to run it from steam, it results in the same black window on all versions of proton except version 3.16-9, which actually starts the game fine, but it's stretched over 2 the monitors, if I try to drag it to just 1 monitor the window vanishes and I have to force a close from a process monitor.

I'm not too familiar with wine and how to tackle the issue, help is appreciated.
Bug2k16
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Old game: Kyodai Mahjongg black window?

Post by Bug2k16 »

I've noticed that when running the nouveau driver, the windows is not entirely black. The top left corner of the window shows the bottom right of what should be in the main window, including the animation. It's like most of the entire window contents is shifted offscreen to the upper left.