Trying to get my NI Audio 6 soundcard to work

Questions about Wine on Linux
coldspark29

Trying to get my NI Audio 6 soundcard to work

Post by coldspark29 »

I want to make my Native Instruments Audio 6 soundcard available for Traktor DJ. I can access the soundcard with Jack and and Wineasio. The soundcard as one normal IO and two IOs for connection turntables. This way you can feed the timecode signal from a record to Traktor and send the playback to the mixer. The problem is: It has a "Direct Thru Mode" in which the latter ports can not be accessed. I need to find a way to turn this mode off. Usually you do it from within Traktor DJ.

So there are three ways I could think of:

1. I don't know if this is possible: Since Traktor 3 works very well and mostly stable with Wine, I thought I could just try to route the USB port to a Wine COM port. The symlink of the device is

Code: Select all

/dev/bus/usb/001/002
As far as I have read I can hit

Code: Select all

wine regedit
, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Wine -> Ports and then enter a COM1 and the symlink, which I have tried and it doesn't work. Is this even possible?

2. I would use reverse engineering and monitor the drivers command in HEX on Windows by using a USB sniffer. I could then make a script to send this command to USB from Linux. But this would be a little difficult to use while DJing.

3. Is there a way to monitor the command from within Wine? So I mean I click the button in Traktor DJ after having started it from cmd (in Wine) and then write a script for the Linux environment that detects when the button was pressed and then sends the HEX code via USB.

I know all of this does probably not make much sense to many people. Why put an effort into this? Well, this software is actually the last one that I occasionally boot Windows for. I've been dreaming about this for years :P