Cannot register Wineasio in AVLinux

Questions about Wine on Linux
Keyman69

Cannot register Wineasio in AVLinux

Post by Keyman69 »

Hi all, I had to re-register with a new name. I used to be Windeguy, now it is Keyman69.

I am using the second to last 32 bit version of AVLinux which I believe is AV Linux 2019.4.10 on a Dell Desktop 9020 Optiplex. I am using Harrison Mixbus32C.

I recently tried to use some windows VSTI's, Cantabile Lite, etc and found that I could not use Wineasio for my audio driver. I have used wineasio frequently with KXstudio and AVLinux before. But now I am stumped as to why it won't register in this version of AVLinux.

AVLinux has a little application that "registers" the custom version Gmack created of Wineasio for AVLinux, but that application does not work, instead it returns an error "Failed to load DLL wineasio.dll". I also went to the directory where Wineasio was located and ran regsvr32 wineasio. Same error message of Failed to load DLL wineasio.dll

How can I track down this issue? Is wineasio perhaps in the wrong directory through some bug in loading AVLinux?
Or perhaps missing a dependency, which I suspect is not the case here.

Any help tracking this down would be appreciated. The AVLinux forums are no longer active and this is about the only place that could help that I know about.
qnitech

Re: Cannot register Wineasio in AVLinux

Post by qnitech »

Hi everybody,
Same here since 2 weeks ... it wold be nice to have a solution ;o)
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

This is not really the place to ask about wineasio; it's not part of the Wine project.
andrew.smart
Level 2
Level 2

Post by andrew.smart »

Keyman69 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:22 am AVLinux has a little application that "registers" the custom version Gmack created of Wineasio for AVLinux, but that application does not work, instead it returns an error "Failed to load DLL wineasio.dll". I also went to the directory where Wineasio was located and ran regsvr32 wineasio. Same error message of Failed to load DLL wineasio.dll

How can I track down this issue? Is wineasio perhaps in the wrong directory through some bug in loading AVLinux?
Or perhaps missing a dependency, which I suspect is not the case here.

Any help tracking this down would be appreciated.
regsvr32 will return an error #.

Code: Select all

$ regsvr32 wineasio.dll
$ echo $?
Some of my notes:
  • DLL didn't exist in filesystem, resulting in error status 3. Message is like "regsvr32: Failed to load DLL '/home/gaming/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/syswow64/laprxy.dll' "
  • DLL didn't have DllInstall resulting in error status 4 and a relevant error message.
  • DLL had neither DllRegisterServer or DllInstall resulting in error status 4 and a relevant error message. And,
  • DLL's DllInstall returned an error code resulting in error status 5. Message is like "regsvr32: Failed to install DLL '/home/gaming/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/syswow64/scrobj.dll' "
So... given your reported message it looks like the DLL doesn't exist where regsvr32 is being commanded to look for it. You're welcome to determine the error # regsvr32 returns, or the error code DllInstall returns in the case regsvr32 returns 5. Try using an absolute path to the DLL or `cd` to where it is.

From my understanding, if 64 bit wine prefix installing 64 bit DLL, I think you'd want to use regsvr32 the way winetricks uses it:

wine64 regsvr32 <DLL>
And for 32 bit DLL:

wine regsvr32 <DLL>
So, I'd given tips on wine usage/understanding and how to track down the issues. Good luck in figuring things out.
qnitech

Post by qnitech »

dimesio wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:31 am This is not really the place to ask about wineasio; it's not part of the Wine project.
Yep, you are right (modo always is, that is why he is modo) ... but as noob, where should we request help ?
Thanks