Cannot register Wineasio in AVLinux

Questions about Wine on Linux
Keyman69

Cannot register Wineasio in AVLinux

Post by Keyman69 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:22 am

Hi all, I had to re-register with a new name. I used to be Windeguy, now it is Keyman69.

I am using the second to last 32 bit version of AVLinux which I believe is AV Linux 2019.4.10 on a Dell Desktop 9020 Optiplex. I am using Harrison Mixbus32C.

I recently tried to use some windows VSTI's, Cantabile Lite, etc and found that I could not use Wineasio for my audio driver. I have used wineasio frequently with KXstudio and AVLinux before. But now I am stumped as to why it won't register in this version of AVLinux.

AVLinux has a little application that "registers" the custom version Gmack created of Wineasio for AVLinux, but that application does not work, instead it returns an error "Failed to load DLL wineasio.dll". I also went to the directory where Wineasio was located and ran regsvr32 wineasio. Same error message of Failed to load DLL wineasio.dll

How can I track down this issue? Is wineasio perhaps in the wrong directory through some bug in loading AVLinux?
Or perhaps missing a dependency, which I suspect is not the case here.

Any help tracking this down would be appreciated. The AVLinux forums are no longer active and this is about the only place that could help that I know about.