Cannot click checkboxes in laboratory application (Wine 4.0)

Questions about Wine on Linux
Hambert
Level 2
Level 2

Cannot click checkboxes in laboratory application (Wine 4.0)

Post by Hambert »

Hello all! I've recently moved to Wine from a Windows enviroment. I need this control software to operate a clinic autoanalyzer in a laboratory. I'm using Wine 4.0 due to this ptoblemthis bug with OLE databases in 5.0.

Software works great for the most part, after installing all the needed libraries with Winetricks.

Problem is, I cannot activate these checkboxes correctly. They do not respond to my clicks, and after many clicks they may become checked but the program rarely recognizes them as active, as it should display graphics on the right but not always does:

I tried all the windows/mouse/virtual desktop options in the graphics tab of winecfg but none of those setting seems to affect this problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much in advance
Hambert
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Cannot click checkboxes in laboratory application (Wine 4.0)

Post by Hambert »

Any clue about this?
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Post by spoon0042 »

Is it possible to test that functionality in a current version of wine without the database connection? Because that is the first thing you'd be asked if you file a bug. If not you would probably want to file a bug about your database issue if no one has yet done that.
Hambert
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Hambert »

spoon0042 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:20 pm Is it possible to test that functionality in a current version of wine without the database connection? Because that is the first thing you'd be asked if you file a bug. If not you would probably want to file a bug about your database issue if no one has yet done that.
Thanks for your answer! Unfortunately the program would refuse to start without a coneccion to the database, in wine 5.0 it is impossible to get it running in any way. It would complain right after startup and exit with a DB error.
Are you suggesting these checkbox issues have something to do with the databases?
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Post by spoon0042 »

No, I just wanted to know if you could try the checkboxes in current wine independent of the database issue. If it just doesn't start there's nothing to be done about that though. You can still file a bug for either or both issues, hopefully that will get some attention.
Hambert
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Hambert »

So I guess the way to go here is to first report the database bug and once it gets fixed test the checkboxes in newer versions of wine.

Thanks! I'll do so
Hambert
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Hambert »

spoon0042 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:58 pm No, I just wanted to know if you could try the checkboxes in current wine independent of the database issue. If it just doesn't start there's nothing to be done about that though. You can still file a bug for either or both issues, hopefully that will get some attention.
Good news, thanks to a pal in the other thread I got the software running in the latest stable and staging versions of Wine. Bad news is the checkbox bug is still present. Should I go straight ahead and file a report or is anything else I should try before? Also any tips on how to file a good report? I'm a noob in Wine/Linux.

Thanks
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Post by spoon0042 »

Yeah, I think that was me. :) Anyway, you should report the bug then. There's a bit of a guide here: http://wiki.winehq.org/Bugs

The report form is fairly straightforward. Component should probably be left unknown but fill in the rest. Be sure to mention any winetricks usage or dll overrides like for msado15. (Just getting the database to connect may be worth filing a separate bug but you can skip that for now, I think.)

Since it's a graphical issue you can attach screenshots showing what wine is doing and what it should be doing (with windows). If there's a difference anyway. Just saying "I can't check the boxes" may be enough. Be ready to provide screenshots or logs (https://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#How_can_I_g ... tput.29.3F) or etc. Maybe not the download assuming you don't have permission to distribute it which you probably don't. Hopefully you'll get some help. :)
Hambert
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Hambert »

spoon0042 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:04 pm Yeah, I think that was me. :) Anyway, you should report the bug then. There's a bit of a guide here: http://wiki.winehq.org/Bugs

The report form is fairly straightforward. Component should probably be left unknown but fill in the rest. Be sure to mention any winetricks usage or dll overrides like for msado15. (Just getting the database to connect may be worth filing a separate bug but you can skip that for now, I think.)

Since it's a graphical issue you can attach screenshots showing what wine is doing and what it should be doing (with windows). If there's a difference anyway. Just saying "I can't check the boxes" may be enough. Be ready to provide screenshots or logs (https://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#How_can_I_g ... tput.29.3F) or etc. Maybe not the download assuming you don't have permission to distribute it which you probably don't. Hopefully you'll get some help. :)
I don't know why I find it so difficult to read usernames in this forum lol

Thanks once more! I'll do so as soon as I can. Probably next week during work.