Linux Joystick Input defaults to Windows Xinput Behaviour

Questions about Wine on Linux
Manfromx

Linux Joystick Input defaults to Windows Xinput Behaviour

Post by Manfromx »

Hi all,

I'm having an issue getting a Linux joystick input to behave as a Dinput device in WINE.
This joystick shows up in the Linux /dev systems fine (both /dev/input/js* and /dev/input/event*) and tests show all inputs working.

However when running the WINE joy.cpl app this joystick is missing its (event) input (the js one does exist) and when using the joystick within a game, it registers as an xinput gamepad.

Is there a way to force WINE to not auto-assign this joystick as a gamepad? I'm mostly trying to get some simulators running and many of them can deal with both dinput and xinput devices. Generally it's preferred to still use dinput for these though as you'll have use of all your buttons/axis.

I've tried googling this issue but it seems most people have trouble getting their joystick to show as an xinput, I'm having exactly the reverse problem lol.
Manfromx

Re: Linux Joystick Input defaults to Windows Xinput Behaviour

Post by Manfromx »

I should add I'm using Manjaro and Wine 5.7. I've also tried Lutris with various prefixes but the issue is present in all cases.

I'm not sure if this due to SDL presenting the joystick as a gamepad but I wouldn't know how to work around that if it was. The joystick itself has enough buttons/axis that it makes some sense that software might categorize it as one.