Open file directly in Windows application

Questions about Wine on Linux
meyer
Level 3
Level 3

Open file directly in Windows application

Post by meyer »

Hi,

i've upgraded from ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 and also to wine 5.8 devel. On 18.04 i've installed an application ('really' installed with the installer) and created a file association. When i open a file its directly opened in the application like every normal linux application can do (every image or pdf viewer). This is the exec in the desktop file on ubuntu 18.04

Code: Select all

Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/home/meyer/.wine" wine start /ProgIDOpen PAR2_MultiPar_File %f
On 20.04 i did not use the installer. I've downloaded the portable zip and unpacked the archive into the wine folder. The exec line in the new desktop file is

Code: Select all

Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/home/meyer/.wine" wine "/home/meyer/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/MultiPar/MultiPar.exe" %f
When i open a file the application is started but the file isn't loaded. The app starts exactly as with the menu. I have to click on "open" and choose the file. The folder is always correct. So it seems "something" works.

Any ideas?

Meyer
meyer
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Open file directly in Windows application

Post by meyer »

Found this https://askubuntu.com/questions/431684/ ... se-in-wine and some first tests were successful.