---VERSION CHANGE, PROBLEM 18.04 to 20.04---

Questions about Wine on Linux
Plomo_o

---VERSION CHANGE, PROBLEM 18.04 to 20.04---

Post by Plomo_o »

Hello everyone (sorry for my bad english)
I have a problem with my applications "fl studio" and "Leagues of Legends" which does not launch. Fl studio it's my priority because "LOL" has to many bugs when i run from a terminal and I think it's impossible to repair at this time. When i launch Fl studio, in my terminal i have:

Code: Select all

env WINEPREFIX="/home/jesse/.wine" wine /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine 
000b:fixme:winediag:__wine_start_process Wine Staging 5.7 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:__wine_start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
001d:err:setupapi:SetupDiSelectBestCompatDrv No compatible drivers were enumerated for device L"USB\\VID_05AC&PID_12A8\\0".
001d:err:plugplay:install_device_driver Install function 0x17 failed, error 0xe0000228.
0009:err:module:__wine_process_init failed to load L"Z:\\opt\\wine-staging\\bin\\wine", error c000012f

If someone can help me for fl studio at first would be great! Thank you!
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: ---VERSION CHANGE, PROBLEM 18.04 to 20.04---

Post by jkfloris »

env WINEPREFIX="/home/jesse/.wine" wine /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine
:?: :?: :?:
You want Wine to run Wine?
Probably the command you want is:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/jesse/.wine" /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine <<program.exe>>
Plomo_o

Post by Plomo_o »

I was wrong, when I right click on fl studio, in settings of the app I have the command:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/jesse/.wine" /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine flstudio.exe 
but when I launch in the terminal it does:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/jesse/.wine" /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine flstudio.exe
000b:fixme:winediag:__wine_start_process Wine Staging 5.7 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
000b:fixme:winediag:__wine_start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
0009:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\\windows\\system32\\flstudio.exe" not found

Plomo_o

Post by Plomo_o »

Is it a problem of wine-staging?
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Post by spoon0042 »

You're missing the path, this should be set in any .desktop file that was created when you installed. If you're running from the terminal you just need to 'cd' there first, like 'cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/etc' (whereever flstudio.exe is located).
Plomo_o

Post by Plomo_o »

Ok, when i go to my folder of wine where it have the launcher of Fl studio, i press and Fl studio works! But sorry i don't understand how it must be done with "cd" because it says (bash: too many arguments? My launcher of FL stduio (FL.exe) is in /home/jesse/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Image-Line/FL Studio 20/". I created for the moment a link that goes from my folder with "FL.exe" to my desktop.
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Post by spoon0042 »

You're probably just missing quotes since the path has spaces, so "/home/jesse/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Image-Line/FL Studio 20/" (or escaped: /home/jesse/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Image-Line/FL\ Studio 20/). Also if you're running things from the terminal you can type part of the name and hit TAB and bash will attempt to complete whatever it is.