Support for Soft Denchi runtime [Japanese DRM framework] would be nice, what can I do to help?

Questions about Wine on Linux
fallenguru
Level 2
Level 2

Support for Soft Denchi runtime [Japanese DRM framework] would be nice, what can I do to help?

Post by fallenguru »

Soft Denchi runtime is a Japanese DRM framework used to authenticate the licence of a plethora of games and other media. It ships independently of the software it's supposed to protect, so getting it to run would remove a hurdle for multiple products. At least, where I could get my hands on versions without Soft Denchi wrapper, they ran fine.

Download link: http://charge1.soft-denchi.jp/runtime/sdrtd.exe
Homepage [in Japanese]: http://www.soft-denchi.jp/

As it is [wine-5.7 (Staging) for Ubuntu 19.10 from the official WINE repo; fresh prefix, LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8], it doesn't even install, see attached terminal output & error messages. The latter both complain about having failed to register the ocx component, then the installer presents the usual installation failed dialogue (and doesn't exit cleanly, I've to CTRL-C wine).

So, what can I do to help? Create an AppDB entry? File a bug or bugs (saying what)? Is (the installation at least) trivially fixable? Is this entirely hopeless at this stage? In short, I'd love some guidance before I go down the rabbit hole.
Attachments
second error dialogue
second error dialogue
first error dialogue
first error dialogue
soft-denchi.log.gz
WINE terminal output
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Support for Soft Denchi runtime [Japanese DRM framework] would be nice, what can I do to help?

Post by DarkShadow44 »

I get the error as well, but it installs just fine. Not sure why the registration fails though, some issue in Wine I guess.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Support for Soft Denchi runtime [Japanese DRM framework] would be nice, what can I do to help?

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Okay, turns out the entry-point for UCOpgDlg.dll fails, thus the UCX.ocx won't load.