Accessing the help manual on a WINE-installed package

Questions about Wine on Linux
gurdonark

Accessing the help manual on a WINE-installed package

Post by gurdonark »

I run Q4OS, a Debian-stable derivative running Debian Stretch. The version of WINE on my distro is the older v. 1.8.7.

I installed two different shareware Windows programs successfully. They are both a tad less-well-known: WaveBox and Fleximusic Composer.

With each program, the installation with WINE went smoothly, and with each I can run the music program. Each, though, has the same issue, which suggests to me that the issue is an across-the-board issue. Each program has a help tab. When I click the help tab, a pop-up appears with a non-online 'program help" display. On a native Linux application, I can click on an item in the left-field table of contents, and then read the text for each of the "how to" sections.

However, when I click on a topic from the table of contents, such as, say, a topic called "low pass filter", the text for this topic does not appear.

In modern times, I would just go read the information on-line. But that may be less practical with these older programs.

I suspect I am missing a dependency or a step that would let me access this information. Has anyone encountered this and devised a solution?