Questions about Wine on Linux
V2RRv

fixing TheBat! email app fonts

Post by V2RRv »

Code: Select all

Wine : v5.0
fedora:  v30
theBat!:  v8.8.9 x64
first time user of "wine", & i've installed wine and the windows email app, TheBat!
the install went ok and TheBat! is runing and working mostly.

there are cosmetic issues with TheBat! fonts, spacing and such, no matter if use its built in MicroEd or its Windows editor. there are also quite a few "fixme" statements when executing TheBat!

what's the procedure to get the "fixme" items fixed? do i submit that output or trace them on my system and try to fix them myself?

as for the fonts issues, would installing & running "winetricks" be the first thing to try?
GearJammer

Re: fixing TheBat! email app fonts

Post by GearJammer »

I am currently using The Bat! v 9.1.18 with Wine 5.0 on OpenSUSE 15.2.
You may need to run the Wine configuration tool. I've never used anything other then OpenSUSE so the procedure to fine it may be different on Fedora. I can hit <ALT>+<F2> to get a pop down search bar, and type config and under applications configure wine is listed. Just click on that and it runs. Like I said, I've never used Fedora, so you may need to search for it differently. Once you find it...

Click on the Graphics tab,
There is a screen resolution slider that you can use to set the size of the font.
That may help.

Under the Applications tab you can select the version of windows you want, that may help too. I run mine under Windows 7. seems to work the best for me.

That's about all I know.

Have fun
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: fixing TheBat! email app fonts

Post by Bob Wya »

V2RRv wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:05 pm ...
what's the procedure to get the "fixme" items fixed? do i submit that output or trace them on my system and try to fix them myself?
The fixme 's are deliberately introduced by Wine Developer's to demark Wine behaviour that does not match MS Windows. Typically they indicate functionality that is not yet fully implemented in Wine - but is present in native MS Windows.

Generally you can simply ignore fixme Wine terminal log entries, as they will not affect the functionality of the 'typical' Windows application.

Bob