No Music from Fallout 3

Questions about Wine on Linux
mattig89ch
Level 2
Level 2

No Music from Fallout 3

Post by mattig89ch »

Hello all,

So I'm trying to play Fallout 3. I managed to install the game, start a new game, create a save, and exited the game to turn down the graphical settings.

When I restarted the game, I noticed that there was no longer any music from the main menus. I still have other sounds, just no music.

When I go to turn the sound settings up or down, the game locks up completely. In order to exit the game, I need to completely log off the machine, and log back in.

When I hit google for 'fallout 3, no music' I found a post about windows AC3 filter, and windows thinking a filtered audio file was corrupted and not playing it. After checking the sound settings, I wasn't able to find this filter option myself. Is this a filter option in Wine? Could this issue be related to something else entirely?

I'm on a Latitude E6420, would should have the hardware to run the game on the lower end of the graphical settings. My OS is Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia. I'm on Wine 5.4 atm, at least according to the about page. I know I have winetricks installed, but am unsure how to check which version.

Let me know if there is any other information needed.