Risen 2 crash

Questions about Wine on Linux
macchinetta

Risen 2 crash

Post by macchinetta »

Hi.

I'm trying to start Risen 2, but I can only navigate through the menu and options because when I click on "new game" the game crash itself (mdmp file is created in exe folder).

It's not a regression because I tried different versions of wine (3.10, 4.1, current) and the behavior is always the same.

It is not even a hardware incompatibility because I have already played this game on this pc in the past and it started correctly and the only difference is the ram which I increased from 4 to 8 gb.

And it sounds very strange to me that system updates (kernel, video drivers) may have created incompatibilities that weren't there before.

I tried to apply different solutions proposed by windows users with similar problems (none of them identical to mine in any case) and none had any effect.

Also tested in a clean wine prefix without any winetricks or native dll/drivers.

Can someone help me in interpreting seh exceptions or minidump files to find the cause of the exception?

I attached the wine output (steam + game) with "+timestamp,+seh" and an example minidump file.

Thank you in advance.
macchinetta

Re: Risen 2 crash

Post by macchinetta »

Hi.

Found the problem and the solution.

Problem is this bug: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=46472

Applying the patch attached to that bug fixes the problem and the game no longer crashes.

so please bring the bug to the developers' attention because it seems to be severe by blocking several applications.