everytime i try to execute an .exe wine gives me an error

Questions about Wine on Linux
goolagdied
Level 1
Level 1

everytime i try to execute an .exe wine gives me an error

Post by goolagdied » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:52 pm

i searched all over the internet to see how to fix this error but i found absolutely nothing which leads me to believe that this " module:__wine_process_init L"F:\\home\\kriteron\\Desktop\\somethinghere\\Bloody\\Blood pack GOG.exe" not supported on this system " is an error that has to do with the recent addition of the installation of .NET framework and Gecko for Wine staging that happens the first time you open it and more so because with past Wine installations i never got this error and they didn't asked me to install something like what this new Wine install did ask me. What can i do? no matter what .exe i execute it just never opens and gives me that error message (i executed the .exe through the terminal to get that error message)

goolagdied
Level 1
Level 1

Re: everytime i try to execute an .exe wine gives me an error

Post by goolagdied » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:26 pm

i need help with this, even after the recent Wine staging update it still gives me this output error " module:__wine_process_init L"F:\\home\\kriteron\\Desktop\\somethinghere\\Bloody\\Blood pack GOG.exe" not supported on this system " and Wine is part of my workflow

dimesio

Post by dimesio » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:31 am

Do Wine's builtin programs (winecfg, notepad, etc.) work?

Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:46 am

goolagdied wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:26 pm
i need help with this, even after the recent Wine staging update it still gives me this output error " module:__wine_process_init L"F:\\home\\kriteron\\Desktop\\somethinghere\\Bloody\\Blood pack GOG.exe" not supported on this system " and Wine is part of my workflow
@goolagdied

While I appreciate your need for help 'urgently'...
It would have been very helpful if you had posted precisely what command(s) you are using to run Windows applications, with Wine.
We don't have powers of ESP!

See: WineHQ FAQ: 5 Installing and Running Windows Applications.

Please use the forum Code tags to delimit any commands and/ or terminal output, you need to post:

Code: Select all

Thanks
Bob

goolagdied
Level 1
Level 1

Post by goolagdied » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:52 pm

Bob Wya wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:46 am
goolagdied wrote:
@goolagdied

It would have been very helpful if you had posted precisely what command(s) you are using to run Windows applications, with Wine.

Please use the forum Code tags to delimit any commands and/ or terminal output, you need to post:

Thanks
Bob
I'm sorry about not posting the commands. In the terminal i used the command wine bloody.exe (by being with cd inside the directory where the .exe i want to execute is located) and i have executed .exe files before outside of the terminal and they don't open either so it's not a using the wrong command sort of thing, also programs like WineMine or WinePad do execute without a problem.

goolagdied
Level 1
Level 1

Post by goolagdied » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:53 pm

dimesio wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:31 am
yes, they work without a problem but what doesn't work is programs outside of those meaning any .exe i execute

goolagdied
Level 1
Level 1

Post by goolagdied » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:39 am

Bob Wya wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:46 am
goolagdied wrote:
@goolagdied

Thanks
Bob
can you please help me? i told you in the last post (the one before this one) that i used the command "wine example.exe" to get the output of what's happening through the terminal and also programs that come with Wine like the minesweeper or the notepad actually open up and work but any other program (.exe) outside of wine does not work and the output of that is what i shared at first. I have tried erasing the Wine prefix and creating a new one and i have also tried uninstalling wine and reinstalling it to see if that made a difference but nope, neither of those two has worked so that's why i'm here now.

jkfloris
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jkfloris » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:48 am

I have tried erasing the Wine prefix and creating a new one
Are the error messages exactly the same?
tried uninstalling wine and reinstalling
How did you remove and install Wine?

goolagdied
Level 1
Level 1

Post by goolagdied » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:23 pm

jkfloris wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:48 am
I have tried erasing the Wine prefix and creating a new one
Are the error messages exactly the same?
tried uninstalling wine and reinstalling
How did you remove and install Wine?
the error messages are exactly the same as before, it's the same error message. As to how i removed wine, i have Fedora so i used the command "sudo dnf remove <wine package name, whatever it is>" and after that i reinstalled it by looking it up on the software center Discover

goolagdied
Level 1
Level 1

Post by goolagdied » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:37 pm

dimesio wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:31 am
I Checked and they do work, this problem only started after i updated Wine Staging and i said yes to the download and install of .NET and Gecko for Wine Staging.