My DLL is not found

Questions about Wine on Linux
AubinMahe

My DLL is not found

Post by AubinMahe »

Hi all, it's my first post here,

I'm developing and testing a cross platform distributed system, I use wine to test my production.

When I put util-cpp.dll into WINEPATH directory or in the executable's directory, all works fine but when I use WINEDLLPATH directory instead, wine can't find it and displays the following error message:
0009:err:module:import_dll Library util-cpp.dll (which is needed by L"H:\\Dev\\git\\dab\\util-cpp\\tests\\tests-win32") not found
0009:err:module:attach_dlls Importing dlls for L"H:\\Dev\\git\\dab\\util-cpp\\tests\\tests-win32" failed, status c0000135
Here are all the commands I used:

Code: Select all

$ ll /home/aubin/Dev/git/dab/dab-lib/util-cpp.dll
-rwxr-xr-x 1 aubin aubin 654K janv. 11 16:43 /home/aubin/Dev/git/dab/dab-lib/util-cpp.dll*
$ ll tests-win32.exe
-rwxr-xr-x 1 aubin aubin 606K janv. 11 16:48 tests-win32.exe*
$ WINEPATH=/usr/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/7.3-win32 WINEDLLPATH=/home/aubin/Dev/git/dab/dab-lib wine tests-win32.exe 
0009:err:module:import_dll Library util-cpp.dll (which is needed by L"H:\\Dev\\git\\dab\\util-cpp\\tests\\tests-win32.exe") not found
0009:err:module:attach_dlls Importing dlls for L"H:\\Dev\\git\\dab\\util-cpp\\tests\\tests-win32.exe" failed, status c0000135
It seems WINEDLLPATH isn't used at all, why?

The DLL I built are located into a private, development folder, I don't want to put them into a read-only system folder even if I can.
I've tried to set PATH variable too (in wineconsole), without any success.

How can I help wine to find my DLLs?
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: My DLL is not found

Post by DarkShadow44 »

WINEDLLPATH only works for builtin dlls. Did you already try setting PATH?
AubinMahe

Re: My DLL is not found

Post by AubinMahe »

You're right: settings the PATH is the solution, I've written a small bat file to set the path to the DLLs and to the EXEs and all is right.