Farming Simulator 19 Logitech G27 Wheel (Windows Raw Input?)

Questions about Wine on Linux
nesingho

Farming Simulator 19 Logitech G27 Wheel (Windows Raw Input?)

Post by nesingho »

Hi,

I run wine-5.0-rc2 with dxvk under Manjaro:

Code: Select all

System:    Kernel: 5.4.6-2-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: i3 4.17.1 Distro: Manjaro Linux 
Machine:   HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT UEFI: Hewlett-Packard v: K01 v03.07 date: 05/10/2018 
CPU:       Topology: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-3770 bits: 64 type: MT MCP L2 cache: 8192 KiB Speed min/max: 1600/3900 MHz
Graphics:  Device-1: NVIDIA GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] driver: nvidia v: 430.64 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.6 driver: nvidia resolution: 1920x1200~60Hz 
           OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 430.64
Farming Simulator 19 runs perfectly with DX11 in native wine (no Steam Proton) and XBox-Controller is working.

The only problem is the G27 Logitech Wheel which I can not get to work.
FS19 recognizes the G27 correctly:

Code: Select all

Input System
  Keyboard enabled
  Mouse enabled
  Gamepad/Joystick enabled
  Force Feedback disabled
  Devices:
    XINPUT_GAMEPAD
      Number of Axes: 6
      Number of Buttons: 14
    G27 Racing Wheel (VID: 046D PID: C29B VER: 0111 Cat: WHEEL)
But the game doesn't recognize any inputs by the wheel.

I've tried it with a Logitech Driving Force GT and Steam Proton FS19 installation and got the same results. I've changed the Proton version for testing some weeks ago and in one version (I think it was 4.9.X) the game recognizes some wheel inputs but not all.

So can it be a wine (proton) issue?
Wheels work correctly in FS17 and before and in other games (e.g. Cattle and Crops, European Truck Simulator 2 series).
ltwheelconf says that wheel is already in nativemode and I can configure autocenter, FFB and steering angle.
I've tried to set the wheel in HID-Mode by usb_modeswitch and lsusb sees HID-Mode. But then the wheel is no longer recognized by linux or wine until driver reload or reconnect the wheel to the PC.

A GIANTS employee said:
A possible reason why the LS17 worked and LS19 didn't anymore could be the change of the used API. LS17 uses XInput (for Xbox gamepads) and DirectInput (for all other devices) and as input APIs. LS19 continues to use XInput (for Xbox gamepads) but now uses Windows Raw Input (for all other devices) as this has several advantages.
The Logitech gaming software is not used directly.
in this Thread: https://forum.giants-software.com/viewt ... 6&t=155881
(German!)

Could this be the problem and how it can be solved?
If you need more logs or something please ask.

Thank you very much!

Alex