SX-Key software and Debian Buster

Questions about Wine on Linux
markr

SX-Key software and Debian Buster

Post by markr »

Hello. After looking though the appDB and only finding info that helped me get it running last time (nothing new I mean) I thought I'd give a try here.

The software in question is the SX-Key program by Parallax that can be found here.
https://www.parallax.com/downloads/sx-k ... r-software

I've managed to keep this working up through Debian 9 with wine version 1.8.7. It still works and I used tried to duplicate things from that installation when I moved to Debian 10 recently. The current version I have though is 4.0.2 so a bit of a jump. I cannot for the life of me get the software to recognize the com ports that I have set up. I can get an old version of Terminal to see them on the new machine so I seem to have things set up correctly.

Any help or direction would be great. The software has no real alternative so at this point I'm just keeping the old machine at it's current state and hoping for the best. I've made more comments about what I tried at the Parallax forum, but most folks have moved on to other processors. It's here if it helps. http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/1 ... d-com-port

Thanks,
Mark

As an aside, the new version of wine really seams to work well. I didn't have to fight it at all to get everything running so far. When I dragged over simple programs to use from the old disk most of them just plain worked. Much better than my old version for sure.
markr

Re: SX-Key software and Debian Buster

Post by markr »

Just to follow this up. I managed to get SX-Key to use the port by using the command line switch to force usage of the com1 that I have set with my ttyUSB0. The program still doesn't see the ports (so you can't configure them from inside the software) but perhaps it is just something to do with how the software is scanning for usable ports now. I have no idea why it would have worked in older versions of wine and not now, but I'll gladly just change my app menu to use this:

Code: Select all

wine ./SXKey.exe /1
If there is a real solution to this I'd be glad to hear it but most likely the age of the software and small numbers of it in use says it's a dead subject.

best,
Mark