Wine setup Help for Multiscope Compact

Questions about Wine on Linux
Fidchell's Eye

Wine setup Help for Multiscope Compact

Post by Fidchell's Eye »

Hi, I'm new here and not experienced with setting up Wine for windows applications on a Linux system.

Now I work for a very small company (under 5 people) and both me and the company are looking at supporting Linux,
but converting all our projects to support native Linux would take a long time and be at great expense.
So we are looking at using Wine as an intermediate method to see if Linux would be worth supporting and possibly making native Linux applications and software later.

I am looking for help in finding out how to do a wine setup for Multiscope Compact, the company's most recent application.
Multiscope Compact is using 2 .Net frameworks; Framework 2.0 and Framework 3.5, written in C#, and uses OpenGL for 3D rendering and accesses the direct show API for certain things.
It is packaged currently as an .msi, but I'll see if we can change it to an .exe installer to assist with wine compatibility. Any thoughts or actions?

Fidchell's Eye
Fidchell's Eye

Re: Wine setup Help for Multiscope Compact

Post by Fidchell's Eye »

Since we've not gotten any help or advice on who to setup and work WINE and we do want the help in getting Multiscope Compact to work in Linux.

We are offering Free Keys to anyone that gives working advice, so we can get Multiscope Compact working in Linux via WINE.
As M$ is making Win10 even less Win32 application friendly....

Link to fresh a Trial of the software using an EXE installer instead of MSI.
MultiScopeCompact_IP_Trialsetup.exe
Fidchell's Eye

Re: Wine setup Help for Multiscope Compact

Post by Fidchell's Eye »

Since I realize not everyone has an IP Camera for this WINE exercise a simpler version using capture cards or a USB cam would be better. Just need a USB cam for test.

Here is a link to the USB/Capture card versions of the program...
Card/USB Trial

Here are links to both the IP Trial and Full versions if you want the challenge. A standard IP camera will work with the expected connect URI. I can help you there.
IP Trial
IP Full

In addition, we also have an image analysis program, but without the capture overhead that is very similar to the above two is also available.
The graphics version does not need the Frameworks (2 and 3.5) - like IP and USB apps, since it only handles bitmaps and could be used as a intermediate point for solving problems the above two might have in the WINE setup.
Graphics Trial

Summary...
-IP version requires IP camera and Frameworks 2 and 3.5
-Card/USB version requires video capture cards or USB camera and Frameworks 2 and 3.5
-Graphics version requires Frameworks 3.5 only and a bit map source.

You can choose which app as a working candidate that works for you.