Call from 0x7bc785d1 to unimplemented function KERNEL32.dll.

Questions about Wine on Linux
Qiset
Level 1
Level 1

Call from 0x7bc785d1 to unimplemented function KERNEL32.dll.

Post by Qiset »

I seen this sort of error called out in other topics and the answer seemed to be that there was a stub implemented to
let this error slide. However, since sometime this summer (maybe July?) it is now causing my program to crash.
The actual error is "wine: Call from 0x7bc785d1 to unimplemented function KERNEL32.dll.EnumSystemFirmwareTables, aborting"
I'm was running 4.13 and went to 4.14 but it still fails.
I used to program a bit but would consider myself rusty. However, I am not opposed to trying to figure out
what to do to get this to work.
Since I've only always used wine from an installed binary, I would be starting from scratch.
Is there a How-to for building and installing your own? Would that kind of info be in the source? I apologize if these are noob questions, too.
If it matters, I'm running EverQuest F2P on OpenSuse Tumbleweed. And as I said, it worked up till a few weeks ago.
Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you,
Robert
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Call from 0x7bc785d1 to unimplemented function KERNEL32.

Post by DarkShadow44 »

This is due to an update in EverQuest, see https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47523
Qiset
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Call from 0x7bc785d1 to unimplemented function KERNEL32.

Post by Qiset »

Thanks. It looks like they have it fixed in the maintenance update for wine. Now to figure out how to get that installed!