Wine can't find my Vulkan library install

Questions about Wine on Linux
D3CIM8OR

Wine can't find my Vulkan library install

Post by D3CIM8OR »

I am currently trying to run the GOG version of LEGO Indiana Jones on Void Linux but I am running into some problems. The error message I was getting before I tried messing around with Vulkan was

Code: Select all

0009:fixme:d3dx:D3DXCreateTextureFromFileInMemoryEx Generation of mipmaps for compressed pixel formats is not implemented yet.
This message appeared all over the console output. I believe this fits in what I was seeing when I was trying to run the game. I was seeing representations of characters as black squares and no textures. I thought this was a problem with my winetricks install of d3d9 so I decided to try using Vulkan. I used winetricks to install d9vk_master and on my distribution, I installed amdvlk, vkd3d, vkd3d-devel, vkd3d-32bit, and vkd3d-devel-32bit. I now get this error output:

0009:err:vulkan:wine_vk_init Failed to load libvulkan.so.1.
0009:err:vulkan:wine_vk_init Failed to load Wine graphics driver supporting Vulkan.
0009:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "winevulkan.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
0009:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Initializing dlls for L"C:\\GOG Games\\LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures\\LEGOIndy.exe" failed, status c0000142
kalyanapu% wine LEGOIndy.exe WINEDEBUG=warn+allwine --version
0009:err:vulkan:wine_vk_init Failed to load Wine graphics driver supporting Vulkan.
0009:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "winevulkan.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
0009:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Initializing dlls for L"C:\\GOG Games\\LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures\\LEGOIndy.exe" failed, status c0000142
To try and get more detailed output, I tried running

wine LEGOIndy.exe WINEDEBUG=warn+all
but the output was identical
I believe the problem stems from the first message:

I am assuming Wine can't find that file. On my system, libvulkan.so.1 is located in /usr/lib/ which is on my library path. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?
I am running wine 4.13
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Wine can't find my Vulkan library install

Post by Bob Wya »

D3CIM8OR wrote:...
I am assuming Wine can't find that file. On my system, libvulkan.so.1 is located in /usr/lib/ which is on my library path. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?
I am running wine 4.13
The wine builtin libvulkan.so.1 library probably fails to load because you don't have the necessary native Linux multilib vulkan libraries (whatever these packages might called be on Void Linux).
I'm presuming your Wine version has been built with vulkan support - since it is trying to load this library.

Using:

export WINEDEBUG=+loaddll,+module
might help you clear up your issue - when you are trying have installed (some? / a) native Linux vulkan package(s) (vulkan-loader is required by Wine on Gentoo).

Obviously you also need a vulkan-equipped graphics driver.
Typically the multilib nvidia proprietary blob - latest vuilkan beta driver: 418.52.18 or standard driver: 430.40.
Or, for AMD graphics cards, multilib mesa ≥19.1.x - with radv support.

Bob
D3CIM8OR

Post by D3CIM8OR »

Based on your suggestion, I installed the amdvlk package. After that, it worked perfectly. Thank you for your help!
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

D3CIM8OR wrote:Based on your suggestion, I installed the amdvlk package. After that, it worked perfectly. Thank you for your help!
Nice 8)