missing native/original dll: Warning?

Questions about Wine on Linux
Opako
Level 3
Level 3

missing native/original dll: Warning?

Post by Opako »

In winecfg in the library tab, there is a list, where we can select names of dll's to override dll's.

For example we can select "acledit" and set it to "Native".

1 Question:
When I set "acledit" to "native", but the native original "acledit" from windows is not in the prefix, what does wine then do?

A) When I select it and close winecfg, a warning appears, that there is a missing native acledit.
B) When I start the wine program, that needs "acledit", I get a warning directly after the start, that the native acledit is missing.
C) When I start the wine program, that needs "acledit", I get a warning, that the native acledit is missing, but only, as soon as this program needs "acledit".
D) When I start the wine program, that needs "acledit", I get no warning and the program crashes.
E) When I start the wine program, that needs "acledit", I get no warning, it just automatically uses the builtin "acledit" from wine.

2 Question:
When I set "acledit" to "native,Builtin", but the native original "acledit" from windows is not in the prefix, what does wine then do?

A) When I select it and close winecfg, a warning appears, that there is a missing native acledit.
B) When I start the wine program, that needs "acledit", I get a warning directly after the start, that the native acledit is missing.
C) When I start the wine program, that needs "acledit", I get a warning, that the native acledit is missing, but only, as soon as this program needs "acledit".
D) When I start the wine program, that needs "acledit", I get no warning and the program crashes.
E) When I start the wine program, that needs "acledit", I get no warning, it just automatically uses the builtin "acledit" from wine.

Thank you. Would be very interested.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: missing native/original dll: Warning?

Post by jkfloris »

I think the following happens: 
1 - C and the program crashes
2 - E
but correct me if I'm wrong.